i'm a Surthrivor: healing, faith, and sexual trauma by Lyvonne Proverbs Briggs

i'm a Surthrivor: healing, faith, and sexual trauma

an online course for spiritual Black women ready to begin or deepen their healing journeys.

Lyvonne Proverbs Briggs (aka Pastor Bae)

it took some time, but i evolved beyond a "survivor" to a Surthrivor of childhood sexual abuse and intimate partner violence.

today, as a multi-faith womanist healer, i create the content that i need(ed). i am a body and sex-positive pastor, preacher, writer, poet, TEDx and transformational speaker, and Emmy-Award winner.

i'm a storyteller who heals Black women.

i'm a daughter. sister. friend.
lover. warrior. light-bearer.
and i'm SO glad that you're here, darling one!

*trigger warning--sexual assault** please pace yourself and take breaks as needed.

course modules

welcome to Surthrivorhood
i'm a Surthrivor: module 1 lecture
13 mins
we're surthrivors guide
1.03 MB
"won't you celebrate with me" text
142 KB
module 1 q&a
sexuality and the Black church
i'm a Surthrivor: module 2 lecture
14 mins
sexuality and the black church (chapter 2)
8.93 MB
module 2 q&a
Spirit work, ritual, and healing
i'm a Surthrivor: module 3 lecture
14 mins
malidoma patrice some (chapter 1)
4.68 MB
sobonfu some (chapter 4)
2.26 MB
module 3 q&a
sexuality and the Bible
i'm a Surthrivor: module 4 lecture
27 mins
module 4 q&a
song of songs.pdf
1.97 MB
I Am Enough
beauty and the beast sermon by Lyvonne "Proverbs" Picou
sensuality is your birthright
i'm a Surthrivor: module 5 lecture
28 mins
ovarian breathing tutorial
8 mins
module 5 q&a
we re-member: putting our-Selves back together
i'm a Surthrivor: module 6 lecture
25 mins
mahnal intentional living worksheet
596 KB
Shayba’s love letter
631 KB
plant-based diet starter guide
2.21 MB
module 6 q&a


"Lyvonne Proverbs is a ray of light. Her message that encourages women to take ownership of their bodies and their orgasms is powerful and needed. Lyvonne is relatable and adds value with a sense of humor and infectious enthusiasm, plus she is fun, uplifting and enlightening! If you have the opportunity to work with her, DO it!"
Tina Lifford, “Aunt Vi” from “Queen Sugar” and author of The Little Book of Big Lies: A Journey into Inner Fitness
"This course was everything I didn't even know I needed! I have felt very stuck in my sexual trauma my entire life. The 'i'm a Surthrivor' course comforted my fears by simply pacing me through the journey. The material is rich, intentional, and well thought out. The course helped me to begin to gather the scattered pieces of myself and love them deeply. I never thought I'd actually believe I was worthy of or capable of loving ME in such an audacious way! I will say that the word 'survivor' has never resonated as a way to define myself, but Surthrivor?  Yeah...that's me!"
Brooke Gordon, Therapist and "i'm a Surthrivor" course participant
“Lyvonne Proverbs is an incredible human being. The honesty and authenticity she brings to her workshops creates a safe space for those to share openly and learn with growth mindset. Not only is she a phenomenal presenter and facilitator she is very knowledgeable about what she speaks about- bringing in a myriad of media for her audience to resonant with and learn from. I can't wait to bring her in to teach again!” 
Mercedes J., Lyft


When does the course start?

Cohort 4 starts Wednesday, November 11, 2020. Additionally, I will email you with important dates and details specific to your cohort.

How long do I have access to the course?

How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like--across any and all devices you own.

What if I am unhappy with the course?

I would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact me in the first 14 days and I will give you a 75% refund. The other 25% goes towards administrative fees.

P.S. You will love this course!

What if I have other questions?

Enrolled students have unlimited access to me via email. So please feel free to send me a note! We will also have weekly Zoom calls so you get personalized time with me and synchronous time with your cohort.

Will my information be kept confidential?

Barring your being in immediate danger, anything that you share in our learning space will be kept private. Each course participant will take a pledge to be a safe space for all involved. If anyone violates our code of trust, they will be removed (and banned) from the course without a refund. 

I'm not a Black woman....can I still take this course?

Yes and this course centers spiritual Black women who experienced childhood sexual abuse and/or male sexual violence. If that's not, you may still enroll for content and coaching. Just note that you will have a separate learning community and Zoom calls.